Monday, March 19, 2007

Good Monday Morning!

The last time I wrote, I talked a little about hating Sundays. I still do, kind of, but what I think I hate more is Monday mornings!!! But, I think there is a long line ahead of me of folks who also hate Mondays. In fact, the comic strip Garfield devoted many pages of panels regarding this very issue. Oh well, as a good friend of mine once said "Any day on the top side of the green grass is a good day!" I have to agree.
It was a great weekend though! I finally cleaned out my closet and got rid of 3 bags of clothes that no longer fit. I also found out that I can get into some size 20 clothes!! I am remembering that clothes do not always run the same across the boards in sizes, so I have on a size 22 pair of pants today ( that I had to stop and buy, because I truly have very little left in my closet that fits! I am so not complaining). This is a wonderful feeling for me and a true Non Scale Victory! By the way, for those that may be interested in such things, I lost 3 pounds last week, for a grand total of 24.6 off. I really didn't think that losing just 25 pounds would make such a big difference, but it does. I can't wait to see what happens when I get 50 pounds off! OOOH RAHH!!
I have also discovered another interesting fact: As I lose the weight, I find that I am feeling weird bones and joints that I have not felt in a long time. Like, my hip bones. Who knew? And shoulders. Yup, I have them and they are not just rounded lumps of fat, but actual bones. I have even lost some weight in my feet, because I have gone down a size in my shoes. I used to have to cram them into 10's and today, I have on size 9 loafers. Awesome feeling, to know that I am slowly becoming the disappearing woman. Perhaps I should have named my blog that instead? It doesn't really matter what the name of this journey is though, because it is going to last the rest of my life. SO maybe the title should be " Laura's incredible journey towards the light(er) ". Sorry.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I was just thinking about you this morning, and my exact thoughts, after I told SN2 about how much I hate Monday mornings was that Laura should have written about how much Mondays suck - not Sunday nights. I love it that we're so in sync. And congratulations on the weight loss - it is funny what a 25 pound loss will do. Well, I can only imagine, but I'm with you girl on your journey towards (en)lightenment!