Thursday, February 22, 2007

Fighting old demons

On my way home from class last night I had a major melt down! I started to feel so sorry for myself. Wanted to stop and eat at every fast food restaurant possible and top it off with an ice cream sundae! I was majorly ready to quit. These are my demons! I just can't seem to hold a charge for the duration. And I started thinking "why bother?" It's not like I am every going to get thin, right? Well, I fought the demons, stayed on the road for home and went in and went to bed. I thought about it a little while trying to fall asleep, decided I was too comfortable in bed, and fell asleep. I woke up this morning feeling much better about the whole thing! I want to be healthy, I know that I can eat whatever I want to eat, but in better portion sizes and made myself a healthy, on program breakfast and lunch to take to work. I know that this is just the beginning of the fight against my demons of old, but I am not quite ready to give in . I want to be healthy more than I wanted the ice cream sundae! For today, at least, the win is mine!

No comments: