Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Tea Drinker

I love tea! I really do. Especially during the winter monts when I struggle to stay warm here in my office. Since the door to the outside lies right outside my office door, I get a shot of icy air whenever someone comes into the building.l So, I drink hot tea. And I have discovered a way to make chai tea that is drinkable and low in points. I mix the spices needed (basically ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves) into fat free canned evaporated milk. I then mix a portion of it into a cup of brewed hot tea. 1/2 cup gives me one of my milk portion for the day and I can get at least 3 cups of tea out of it. Awesome!! Before, I was buying chai tea from my local coffee house and it was made out of sugared mix that was I am sure not very healthy for me. I do love it when I can trick myself into liking an alternative brew!!!

No comments: