Friday, February 16, 2007

Good week and some thoughts on commercials!

I actually gained .2 pounds this past week but that is a good week because I did have a rather lost weekend at Ymir. I knew I was going to gain and I really thought it would be a lot more. Since I really didn't exercise nor did I drink all my water and stuff, a .2 increase is pretty good. I got back on plan on Monday, so I should show a loss next week. If I don't, oh well. I refuse to let the scales rule my life anymore. I did that for most of my life and it hasn't worked for me. It is time to try something new!
Now, my ranting about commercials. Okay, so I am watching the program "I Lost It" on the Discovery channel. I watch this program usually every morning. And every morning, it is the same thing. The program showcases 2 people who have had remarkable weight losses, by a variety of means. And it is very uplifting to see how the weight loss has positively affected their lives. And every morning, the commercial that they show is for Keebler Fudge Cookies! It shows this river of fudge cascading down a lovely mountain of cookies while the elf is saying something like " That ends today's lecture on cookies. Any questions?" And of course, the elf students are drooling and falling over in the chair in a daze. This commercial is run at least 3 times during the program!!! All the other commercials basically talk about the newest low-fat cooking shows coming up on Discovery channels. Keebler must be paying a great deal of money to be showing this commercial so many times in a row during a WEIGHT LOSS SHOW! Come on people. Do you have to be so blatant about your marketing scheme? This is so obvious as to be obnoxious.
Ranting over.

No comments: