Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Feeling a little better

I don't have the mumps but I do have an infection that is related to something going on in my teeth! And of course, the dentist office was closed yesterday so I have been at home, waiting for today to try and get in. The doctor at the clinic did give me some antibiotics and I have seen an improvement in the swelling, so that is a good thing.
All this has had an interesting affect on my eating. I only wanted soup yesterday, so I made another big pot of veggie soup to eat and ended up having a small bowl yesterday. Just not hungry. But, I did put in some barley and fat free cheese, which made the soup thick and rich, which was a good thing and helped me to feel all warm and cozy. I am trying some new grains in my eating, because I have read that fiber is more filling and a better souce of fuel for my body. I am all about filling up on healthy stuff.

No comments: