Thursday, January 25, 2007

Finally Feeling Human

I am finally feeling like I belong in this world. The antibiotics are kicking in and my face is not nearly as swollen. My jaw still aches some and is a little stiff, but overall, getting better.
I doubt if I will lose any weight tomorrow. Not because I have been eating poor choices but that I haven't been eating enough! I know, sounds like an oxymoron, but it is true. If you do not feed your body enough, it will shut down and go into starvation mode. I think I may even have gained some, because I have just been sitting around doing nothing. No PT, no walking, just resting. Oh well, this is also a part of living better. Life happens and we cannot agonize over it. I kept my food journal and I kept on plan, so it will all come off in the end! My body needed to rest and for once, in a very long time, I listened to my body. That, in and of itself, is a great leap forward.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Well I'm glad you're feeling better.
And it's good that you've gotten so used to working out that you miss it. Shows a mental change - all for the better.